Friday, May 30, 2008

No Harvest but Thorn/ A handful of Rice a.k.a Ranjau Sepanjang Jalan [ Trials Along The Way]



Ranjau Sepanjang Jalan[Trials Along The Way] a masterpiece by Shahnon Ahmad


Dear friends,
have you all finish reading this fascinating, compelling and remarkable novel?

Its a WOW right... The writings are perfect with brilliant emotional triggers,

Ah..., the best novel ever compared to the novels and dramas that we have studied.

The title of the novel itself already pictures the adventures. It truly touches the heart of every readers.

The characters in the novel have been living in harsh condition to continue their living. It makes me realize how fortunate we are to have the chance to live in such halcyon atmosphere,comfortable place and prosperous country.

Also, to having oodles of opportunities to study and eat peacefully. And more importantly, sufficient and easy access of rice. Even when I'm having my breakfast this morning, I make sure that every single rice is not wasted. The rice costs a lot to the people who produces them. Their toil and sacrifices should not be taken as granted. Reading the daily news on inflation and wastage of foods, its a heartbreak for those who are out there barely breathing to make ends meet.

Last but not least, Ranjau Sepanjang Jalan by Shahnon Ahmad, is a resounding success!




KuRi 08 Connecting The Dots...

3 mistakes!:

ali said...

WHAT!? YOU FINISHED IT! NYUUUUU!!
k.. good job in motivating me to finish reading it too.. I'll go attempt it now. ahaha

btw.. buku ni mmg gune next sem ke? kalau mcm tu, kt akan gune novel ni n pantun2 tu?

Andi Rizal said...

a'aa... I think so, but isn't it quite weird to compare a novel and puisi later? ahahha... just wait and see whats going to happen... anyway, I realize there are alot of literary components in Ranjau Sepanajang Jalan as well. like, repitisi i think haha.. so long havent use the gaya bahasa.. anyway, i think there must be some connection between them ... or worse come to worst, maybe teacher just give it to us for supplementary reading... hahahahhaahha.... that ill piss off.. hahahha....
okies, thats all from me for now... izzudin had attempted doing World Literature and he said that his first paragraph is already 500 words long. I guess we all will experience the same thing since we all have a lot to express after one whole semester studying it =P
anyway, im touching it next week, this week i have to finish up econs first... ngeee...... =)
oraight, good luck with your reading alisya, you'll enjoy it believe me!~ :)

bye bye~ Nitez...

ali said...

hmm.. it seems that I won't be enjoying it or suffering through it. haha. I just realized that I didn't bring the book back! haha. Xpala.. apa bole buat..